Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Already?

Where do the weekends go?! I mean really!

I am not ready for today. As a matter of fact, frazzled would be a great word to describe yours truly at the moment. This morning began different than most because Jason had to leave way earlier than usual. He has a 2 day class in Columbia (about 1 1/2 hours away) so he had to be gone by 5:30 or he would get in traffic. Now, without Jase there in the morning to keep us rolling, we don't do well at all. He is the first one up, takes care of Gracie and gets me going- like clockwork, every morning. So, after he left, I reset the alarm and went back to sleep. When I woke up, late, I realized that my work pants I had washed last night were still in the washing machine. I totally forgot about them. So, I had to rewash them this morning . . and was left with very little to choose from as far as cute work outfits go. Slim pickins' to say the least. Finally settled on something (after a lengthy debate) that I am still not satisfied with. And I don't know about y'all, but if I am not satisfied with what i have on, it effects my whole day- for the negative. I feel messy. (I think I get this from grandmother who is a real piece of work.) So, not only do I feel messy today because of my outfit, but also because I parted my hair way too much on one side. Can you feel me?!

As if that is not enough, I began to smell something as I was getting ready. The faint smell of . . . . . skunk?! Is that what I was smelling? Surely not. Please tell me not. But, yep! There it was, knocking me down as I went to get in the car. Sometime between when Jason left, and when I left, a skunk sprayed in or very very near our garage. Y'all- what to do?! I dread going home. I hope it won't seep even more into my house. I don' t know if I can take it!!

On a brighter note, we had a great weekend! Saturday, I had my sister-in-law's bridesmaid luncheon. She is getting married this weekend and I am so excited for them. The luncheon was great! We enjoyed fresh salads (potato, chicken, grape and pasta) on a gorgeous wrap around, covered porch with the best mountain views you can imagine. On Saturday night, we met my our friends Loren and Chad, and their sweet baby Landry, for dinner at Mellow Mushroom. This was the first time we had ever been there and it was so good! As a matter of fact, even better the next day. This is the only picture I got this weekend.

Look at sweet baby Landry!! Isn't she just precious?! Thanks, Loren and Chad! We had a great time!!

I have to get mentally ready for class tonight. Hopefully, I can put aside all the happenings of this morning and concentrate! Hope you all have great Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I hate Mondays! The weekend always goes by so fast...

    ReplyDelete