Friday, September 10, 2010

It's That Time Again . .

After a nice, relaxing summer break- it is time to get back in the swing of things!

I briefly mentioned in one of my first blog posts about a class in biblical counseling I have been taking on Monday nights. The class is actually every Monday night from 6:30-9:30 - 40 mins from where I live - beginning in September and ending in May. This coming Monday will mark the first class of my second year. I have to be honest, at first, I was really nervous about making the commitment. Mondays are tough anyway. I didn't know how this was going to work initially, but I just trusted that God would light the way. He had brought me to this class, after all. I was most nervous about getting the blessing of my husband. I wasn't really sure what his reaction would be- I couldn't even tell him why I wanted to do this, other than I knew that's where my Father wanted me. We went to dinner one Friday night before I had to have all the paperwork in the following week, and I just asked him. I didn't know of any other way than to just kind of lay it out there. I couldn't have imagined a better reaction! Not only was he okay with my commitment, he was also encouraging, and that felt good. So, I am gearing up for my final year. Last year was amazing. I was blessed to be able to sit under some fantastic instructors/pastors. This year I know will be just as good, if not better. I hope to be able to blog about some of the topics we cover. You know, our way and God's way are usually- almost always!- not the same. Learning God's way, and sharing it with others, practicing it everyday and in every way, is growth! It's moving closer to Him, becoming more like Him, choosing Him above all else- it's what we are created for!

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up . ."
1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment