Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reality Overload

I have been feeling a heavy conviction as of late as to what I do with my spare time at home. Believe it or not, there isn't a tremendous amount of this "spare time", but enough that I believe what I am choosing to do with it is all wrong!

I am a reality TV junkie. Give me a reality TV show on just about anything and I am game to watch. Usually hooked immediately. I am ashamed to admit this because in the past the TV line up in the Gold household has included the likes of Jersey Shore (yikes! I know). It gets worse. Try 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom and Real World on for size! Wow, I am so embarrassed as I sit and type this! If that doesn't suit your fancy, let's switch to the Bravo network where I indulge in any of the Real Housewives shows, Million Dollar Listing (I like to think I am picking up pointers for work!), Bethany Getting Married and her new show and sometimes Rachael Zoe if there is absolutely nothing else on. Lets move on to mainstream- Survivor, Big Brother and American Idol.

Isn't that ridiculous?! And, not to mention the fact that anytime I have seen an Amazing Race advertisement I tell Jason that we need to give that show a try. I mean REALLY??!! Reality TV overload over here. And let me throw in alittle disclaimer here- hubby participates only in Survivor, AI and Big Brother.

But, sometimes reality TV will surprise you. Last night, we were watching Survivor. One of the contestants, Matt, is a professed Believer and has really tried to share his faith with others, be an example, etc. By all accounts, he seems to be the real deal. Last night, Jeff asked the contestant who lost at Redemption Island (and had to go home) what her story was. She explained that like many Americans, her home was in foreclosure and she came to play for the $. Well, obviously at this point, her being out of the game and all, she wasn't going home with any cash. But, she did tell Jeff that Matt had been such an inspiration to her that she couldn't wait to get home so that she could find a church. BLESSINGS!!!

Lesson learned- you never know who is watching you and what they are taking away!

So, back to the problem of too much TV - I am working on that. Small steps! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment