Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Simple is as Simple Does

Last night I began to spread my exploratory cooking wings, if you will. I can cook, when I choose to. Lately, it seems like Jason and I are on 2 different schedules, so cooking has been tough. But, hopefully we are getting to the other side of such a busy season. Last week we ate no evening meals together!! Had to change it up this week!!! :)

A couple of things to note-

1. I have been very much in tune to the royal wedding, as I am sure has most of the free world, these past weeks. I was looking online at some old pictures of Kate and commented to my soon to be sis in law how much more toned she looks now versus a year ago. She shared with me the diet Kate was on (website here ) and just some general info about it. Of course I had to try :)

2. After research and careful consideration, I decided to kind of personalize the diet with a more reachable expectation of myself- plus I had to get Jase on board, and he wasn't following Kate's diet.

3. We are eating healthy, not buying junk (makes grocery shopping a breeze) and exercising in hopes of having more energy and looking more toned up!! Bathing suit season is upon us!

Back to last night's dinner . .

I found this recipe which ended up being GREAT! I even took some pictures of the meal in progress, which I am most impressed with myself about!



Spices, Olive Oil and White Wine . . EASY!!!


Gross. I HATE raw chicken and handling it. I washed my hands so many times they were literally bleeding last night around my knuckles.



Throw in alittle roasted squash and zucchini and YUMM O!


It was easy and delicious- a great combo!


Tonight's Menu- steaks, grilled veggies and roasted sweet potato fries. I realize the fries are not good at all, but better than a loaded baked potato, right?!


Incase you haven't noticed, I do things in small steps :)



No comments:

Post a Comment