Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hello, Remember Me?

Of course I remember me! Whew- it's been a busy few weeks! And, I am not complaining as much of it has been work related. For that, we are so thankful. Other than that, nothing really big going on!

I just began the last semester of my Biblical counseling class. Graduation has been set for June . . . June . .I have forgotten already. Early in June! My friend and I (that carpool together, go to church together, teach together, etc) are so excited because we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. People always ask me / her, "Well, what are you going to do with this?" And, our answer has been from the very beginning that we simply didn't know. We felt led to take this class together, we knew this was where the Lord wanted us and beyond that we were trusting Him to reveal Himself when His timing was in place. We are so excited to see what that entails. Still praying!

God continues to be at work in so many areas of my life right now. Honestly, I love this time. I know that even though His answers aren't clear right now, I am holding on hard to His promises. When the timing is right, all will be revealed. Just remaining content in this season of growth . .

One fun thing I started investigating last week was my genealogy. Wednesday night at church our Pastor had us watch a video on Moses and the Exodus. It was the first in a series, so was mainly just an introduction. But, the narrator began to talk about Moses' parents and the meanings of each of their names- in short how purposeful God was/is in placing us with our earthly family. It was like a light bulb went off. While I know the names of my way extended great greats, I know very little about them. I immediately came home and got to work. I have alot of extended family that are still around, so I have already been in touch with some of them. It has been fascinating! I can't wait to get deeper and deeper. But, I have a time table- my free 2 week trial of ancestry.com is over next Wednesday!

It is in the 80's here today and I am loving every second. I went to get a pedicure at lunch and boy could you tell the change in weather by the number of women coming in for only pedicures. Monday night we had a really bad storm. Like really bad. I woke up at 1:15 to the sound of my chairs on the back porch being thrown up against the side of my house. My parents had 3 trees totally down and roof damage to the extent that they are having to get a new roof. It was really that bad! No tornado's, just terrible wind.

My grandma, uncle and his family left for NYC last night!!! :( I wish I was there so so bad. They were texting me pics of themselves in Times Square this morning and calling me from Saks. Talk about rubbing it in!! No, I know they will have an awesome time. We are planning a girls trip next spring after we get my brother married off later this year. I am already excited!

Tomorrow is Friday! My sister in law and her husband just moved into a new house this past week, so Jase and i are going to go and see it tomorrow night. We are looking forward to that! Other than hair appointment on Saturday afternoon and our family getting in Saturday night, church on Sunday- we have no other plans! :) Happy Thursday (almost Friday!)!

1 comment:

  1. Missed you on here and your posts! Glad to see you back! Sounds like you are going to have great things to come! Isn't it exciting!?!

    ReplyDelete