Monday, January 10, 2011

Well. . . It Happened!

This is what was waiting on me this morning when I got up . . .





A beautiful scene! I can't remember a time when we got this much snow. I did wait up last night. The first flakes started to fall around 2AM and by the time I went to bed at 4:45, I am sure we had 3 inches. I guess the gamble paid off. We were off work today and are tomorrow as well. I am not sure what our final total here was, but I think somewhere around 6.5-7 inches. It was absolutely perfect snow. We got to my mom's house alittle after lunch and jumped on the 4 wheeler and headed just up the road to my grandma's where other friends had gathered. Lots of 4 wheelers, sleds and ropes to enjoy a big, empty, snow covered field. We had the best time! It was freezing though. Jason got some really funny video that I am going to try to upload tomorrow or Wednesday. We are settled in for the night watching Oregon and Auburn with my brother and soon to be SIL. I was glad to get a hot shower and get on some warm, dry clothes.

Today was a great day for memories. I love my memories of snow days with my family. God has blessed us in so many ways, especially with family. I think alot to myself and out loud in prayer, "Lord, you know, you could have put me with any people all over the face of this earth and you BLESSED me with my people. Thank You, God." God is gracious. God is merciful. God is good.



One more day to play!


1 comment:

  1. So awesome!! We are getting ready by here in PA for around 6 inches starting this afternoon. That will be added to the 2-3 we have still on the ground from last week.

    I'm glad you got to enjoy the snow and a couple of days off. I can't wait to see the video of you all 4 wheelin' in the snow. It must have been a blast!!! That is our kind of fun.

    Enjoy today!!!

    ReplyDelete