Sunday, January 23, 2011

Longest Week Ever

This may have been the longest week ever!

It began on Monday when I was supposed to start my Monday night counseling certification class back up. We got an email on Sunday that we would be postponed another week- we were originally to start January 10. The circumstances around each of these postponing-s was totally unexpected and unforeseen. I am ready to get back tomorrow night!

On Tuesday night I had a Jr. Women's Club meeting. That afternoon, after a day of feeling great I might add, my stomach started to hurt. Like painful. I dismissed it and went on about my day. That night after the meeting, I got home and ate supper and about 2 hours later . . . you guessed it. Stomach virus. Ew. When I was younger I NEVER got the stomach virus. Step throat- yes, every year. Sometimes twice. I have gotten the stomach virus the last 2 years. I can't stand it! Anyway, after being up all night on Tuesday, I stayed home from work on Wednesday to recover and was accompanied by this sweet face:



haha.

Tuesday night when I was up, I knew there was more going on than just sickness. I felt spiritual warfare. I had began to discount that until I read several other blogs this week about looming sicknesses in their households and they too are attributing it to warfare. It has to be. I am convinced, anyway. We have to remain firm, rooted in God's word. That's exactly what the enemy strives to keep us from.

Finally I began to feel the most like myself yesterday. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband. He is so calm and understanding and keeps his distance when I am not well (I don't like anyone near me when I am sick. Just a thing of mine). But, goes the extra mile to make sure I am comfortable. He has been great this week!

I got the house good and clean (and disinfected for the second time this week!) yesterday afternoon after I had lunch with some great friends. Last night, Jason and I had some of our dear friends over to just hang out and catch up. This morning church was awesome! I had Sunday school and the kids were great. They are learning and growing in their faith and it excites me so much. I feel blessed that God has allowed me the opportunity to serve Him and witness His work. It is all God and there is NOTHING on this earth that is more satisfying. Pastor Terry's message was also great. Right now, Grace and I are resting on the couch while Jase and my brother clean out our garage. It needs it too. Jason says he is excited because now when he raises the garage door he won't be so embarrassed!

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment