Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

It has been over 2 months since I last posted. When I began this blog, I had such high expectations of myself. I thought that blogging would be something I really enjoyed and a neat way to look back on the happenings of our life at this time. The truth is, I do enjoy blogging! But often I become convinced that what I write, or want to write, is stupid or pointless because it doesn't involve our children yet or because we might seem boring or because I am alittle self conscious. Silly, I know. But it has been some of the barriers between me and this for the last few months.

A new year brings an opportunity for new beginnings! I have come to realize this blog is for us- a way to look back and laugh . . reflect. . remember. That's why I want to do this!

So, here we go . . again :)

Jase, Gracie and I have done as little as possible this rainy new years day and it has been the best. I think we have watched 3 movies- one of which we are watching now. (The Box and it is so weird. Jason is going to have to explain it to me when it is over. I am lost.) There has also been alot of football on, so we have had to compromise on football/movie times. I have loved every minute of today- no where to go, absolutely nothing to do. I will be ready to be up and going tomorrow though. One day of nothingness is enough. I think my man is about ready to call it a night. I am too.

I am excited about what God has in store for us in 2011. I am participating in the Siesta Scripture Memory Team this year via Beth Moore's blog. Check it out if you are interested in memorizing lots of scripture this year and growing in new and exciting ways with God! I am so pumped! I am going to close with my first memorization of 2011 -

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for ALL people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11, NASB

So much for Jase explaining this crazy, really bad movie. He's out like a light.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I was so excited to see you post this morning! I am glad that you have decided to stay and continue to share your life's journey here on these pages. Everyone's life's story is different and nothing makes one more valuable or worthy to share than another. I love hearing from your heart!

    May God rich bless you in 2011. Welcome back!!!

    Much love,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete