Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Ramblings

Mondays roll around way to quick these days! We did not have today off. As a matter of fact, I spent 1/2 day at the accountant's office. Talk about a great start to the week!

Saturday night we cooked out steaks at my brother's house and watched the Bronco's play. I really like Tim Tebow. I have his book on my list this year and I am excited to read it. He seems to want to glorify God in everything he says and does- who doesn't find that honorable?

I left about 9 ish because the Miss America pageant was on! It just doesn't seem as glamorous as it did when I was say . . 7. I have tried to find pics online of some of the things I remember, and I get nothing! For example, I remember that portable sound proof booth that was wheeled out for the contestants who were not being questioned to go in until it was their turn. I remember big hair and lots of lipstick! My little tradition was to spend the night with my grandmother on both the Miss South Carolina and Miss America pageant nights. After it was over, I would go pull out all of her night gowns with matching robes ( the closet thing to formal evening gowns I had!), her high heel shoes and jewelry and play like I was a contestant until she absolutely made me go to bed! One year for my birthday or Christmas I got a crown (it was plastic!) complete with a plastic dozen roses. I LOVED that toy. I cannot find anything remotely close online :(

Memories! Of course I called her about 10:45 to talk about the top 10 and critique. Of course she was still up and in bed watching! I love that I have that memory.

Happy Monday!






1 comment:

  1. That is a special memory! I used to do the same thing when i was little, except i didnt have the crown or roses! Ha!

    ReplyDelete