Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We had such a great, low key Christmas!

The only bad thing that happened was I have somehow lost my camera battery charger :(
I was only able to get a few pictures on my phone, so they aren't the best quality, but will allow me to remember a few things ;)

We did not have any plans until Christmas Eve. My brother and I had been working on my daddy's gift for DAYS. Finally, we were able to get our hands on the goods to gift to him on Christmas Eve . .


Meet Maggie!

Maggie is a rescue dog that we were able to get from a shelter in another county. I could go on and on about how it came to be that we got her in a neighboring county and not our own. Let's just say that too many times than not, shelters go overboard on qualifying potential adopters. Locally, I was more than disappointed. Another story for a different time! We are just so thankful that we were able to get Maggie. She has been PERFECT and proven to be so smart already. We could see her change almost instantly when we got her home and cared for. It was such a great experience and we love her so much already!

After we played with the new toy alittle while, we loaded up to head to Jason's mom and dad's house for Christmas with them. We had lunch, opened gifts and got ready to go to the Christmas Eve candle light service at their church. We also had communion. It was so great! I LOVE this particular service, because it reflects on the true meaning of Christmas! After the service, we headed to Jason's aunt's house for a late supper. We ended the night at home, with this sweet girl playing with what Santa brought her :)




She immediately found a hiding spot for her favorite!


Christmas Day began early with breakfast (and Santa!) at my parents! We had to be at church by 10:00, so it was an early start for us. This is the only pic I got of Christmas Day. Things were moving so fast and all I had was my phone!


The Aftermath!!

As usual, everything was perfect! On Christmas Day our church baptized 10 people! I must tell you at first I thought twice about the idea of baptizing on Christmas. NOT AT ALL did I think it was a bad idea . . just different. Well, it was so special!! 4 of my Sunday school kids were of the 10 and I was so proud of them!! What a way to spend Christmas morning- watching men and women and children be baptized into the family of Christ!


Christmas Day ended with supper at my Grandma's house. We had baked spaghetti, which is so different than our usual pickups. It was soooooo good! My Aunt makes a MEAN baked spaghetti. I have tried to get her to make it for me again since then with no such luck . . yet!

Last night, Jason and I had a low key night at home. I have been reflecting much over 2011, with a few thoughts that have really stuck out.

1. The things I thought were major- all minor in the abundant blessings God saw fit to give us this past year. Good health, business, family . . in the grand scheme, what else matters?

2. I want to set goals for 2012 that align with Him, and not what I think will make me a better person.

3. It's time to stop merely existing, but living!


Praying God's Richest Blessings for You and Yours in 2012,




No comments:

Post a Comment