Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can You Help Me Pray?

This is too awesome of a God story not to record and remember!

Saturday night while we were watching the game over at my brother's house, I got into a deep conversation with a friend of mine and a trip to the Dominican Republic/Haiti that she went on this summer. I was just loving talking to her about it and I could feel God stirring my heart the entire time. Bless her, I think I probably wore her out! Anyway, she was telling me that the leader of the orphanage they visited in Haiti has emailed her constantly since they left in desperate need of supplies. My heart just broke. I wanted to know HOW CAN WE GET THEM SOMETHING . . anything! She said that there is just absolute chaos there since the earthquake. There is noway to really get anything over there without someone physically taking it to the border of the Dominican/Haiti.

My heart just continued to break as she told me that she had not been able to figure out how to get them the very basic things that they needed. As we were leaving, I made her promise me that if any opportunity came up to get the things there, to please let me know and I would love to help in anyway that I could.

That was Saturday. She sent me a message on Tuesday afternoon late that out of the blue a lady in New Mexico had contacted her and was going to be going at the end of this month, if she wanted her to take anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, does God not work everything out?! So, we hustled around and got an awesome load together to send 1st to New Mexico and then to travel from New Mexico to the Dominican and then to Haiti.

Would you pray this suitcase makes it to where it is so desperately needed?






I stuck a note in, so I am hoping that we will hear from them sometime.

I am so grateful to God. He works things out that we NEVER could.





2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I will pray that it makes it to those who need it most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging words...I really need them today!

    ReplyDelete