Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reading Through January

I wanted to challenge myself this year alittle with reading. I LOVE to read, but really did not engage as much as I wanted to last year. My idea is to read at least 1Christian themed book per month and 1 of any other genre, if I wanted. My goal is to absolutley read the Christian themed book and, time and energy permitting, the other also.

I told Jason my goal and he kind of laughed at me. He said it wasen't much of a goal because when I get started reading books I really like, I can't put them down! I guess he is right . . I am already done with 3!



Home By Morning is in the "other" category. It was a quick read that I ordered on my Kindle one day last week for light reading. It was really good! I am a sucker for a sappy love story though :) I have never much enjoyed period pieces, but this has been the exception. It is set in the early 1900's in a small town that has had an outbreak of influenza. Mix in some drama and alittle love story and you have yourself a nice, not have to think about it too much read! It was enjoyable.



Who has not heard of One Thousand Gifts yet? I love Ann Voskamp's blog, and I knew that this book would not disappoint. I read this last year, but felt like one read through wasn't near enough! Her thoughts are just so extraordinary and with every page I could just feel the Lord's influence over her. This is a book that will never get old that one can read time and time again and gain something new every time. Love this book!!




Riven is also a book I have read before. The first time, though, I did not finish. This book has a special place in my heart. I just love all of the characters because each is so different, yet all the same. Jerry Jenkins does an amazing job of illustrating God's sovereignty through each of their lives. There is a pastor, an inmate on death row, circumstances wound through family and friends that everyone can relate to.

I have enjoyed all of the January books! There may be more yet considering it's only the 10th! We will see.






No comments:

Post a Comment