Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March Books & Life in Photos

It is already March! February sure was a blur. I think I am trying to get through winter as fast as possible so that I can finally relax when Spring/Summer are here. Not that we haven't had some gorgeous weather days . . we have had a good many. I am ready for swimming pools, though. So, we are not there just yet!

With the start of the new month is the start of a few new books! I needed alittle something lighter this month- last month was kind of intense!




I keep reading good reviews on The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I can always count on him for a great story line that holds my attention fairly well, without me having to do a whole lot of thinking.





Even though Baptists don't really observe Lent in the same way that some of the other denominations do, I love to find readings that correspond with this season and mediate and pray over them. I saw this book and thought that it would be a great read between now and Easter.
If it is as good as it sounds, I fear I may be done long before Easter :)

I wrote this post last year about observing Lent. I got so much out of these readings and am doing it again this year.

I wanted to try something new, just for my sake. I drive a good bit during the week. I notice nature and love to see new and different things. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Romans 1:20 which says,

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God."

I love this. When I pass by something that just screams this verse out to me, I take a mental picture. I thought as I was driving by something today, it would be cool to document some of those pictures on here, when I can stop the car and get them!

I LOVE trees. That is so weird, I know. There is a tree that I pass everyday on the way to work that brings me joy. I realize how weird this sounds, but I'm just keeping it real. Anyway, the tree below isen't that tree, but is one that is on my parents road that I thought looked so cool amongst the fog today. There is something about its shape, the way its branches hang down and scoop low. I like this tree.




(I did finish watching Army Wives and was very much sad to see it end for the 3 weeks prior to the new season starting. Somehow, I talked Jason into watching the very first episode, and he likes it too! We started re-watching them together! He will kill me for posting this.)





No comments:

Post a Comment