Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thoughts on Lent

I am glad Tuesday is coming to an end! I have not got adjusted to the time change yet. I felt that hour slip right away on Saturday night/Sunday morning. This week is so busy, so I don't hardly have time to be too terribly tired! The good thing is I have 2 of the busy days behind me and only 1 more to go!

I typically don't do anything for lent. It is not something that our church observes strictly. Last year, I decided that I was going to give up soft drinks and tea. And, I did. But, I have realized this year that I totally missed the point. God started speaking to my heart in the weeks leading up to this Easter season. I just felt His presence heavily anytime I would ponder lent and what it meant to me personally. I just kept praying and seeking His counsel and up until this past Wednesday, I had yet to hear specifically what God wanted me to do. But, I trusted that He would reveal in His timing, and He did. He showed me that it was not about what I gave up, per say, but what I did with the time of sacrifice. Even the little things, meaningless things to everyone else, are big things to Him when they are forsaken in the right spirit. And, what I mean by that is this- when I for go that "thing", whatever it is, the very second I make the decision to not do it my thoughts and prayers automatically go to God. His sacrifice. Just, simply, Him. A whole new meaning for me. A new experience during this season that is so refreshing and fulfilling. I also am doing the weekly Sunday readings offered here, which I began this past Sunday.



What a blessing! God welcomed me into our time together with other gifts as well.









I am very much looking forward to this precious time. I am just thinking about over and over again this last leg of our Savior's mission. Time was of the essence, for certain. And, I can't help but feel that way now. I know that folks have always said in the wake of natural disasters, etc. that Jesus must be coming soon. People have been saying it for years. But, I BELIEVE that He is coming quickly- very soon. We must not waste any time in reaching those who are lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment