Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Ramblings and February Books!

- My typing has slowed significantly today. Last night I went to get something out of our cabinet, which happens to be a "lazy susan". Somehow, I pinched my pinkie finger to the point that I had to look down and make sure it was still attached. My word it hurt something fierce! So, today it is wrapped in a Hello Kitty Band aid that I picked up at Dollar General and it is wrapped tight and stiff. I didn't realize how much I bend and use my pinkie, but apparently alot!

- Our beautiful 60 + degree days we have been enjoying the last few days/weeks have given way to a 39 degree day today. It is cold! It looks like a snowy day, but I think all that is staying to the north of us. I have never wanted summer weather so bad in my life!

- My mama, grandmother, aunt, sister-in-law, great aunt and myself have a half week in NYC planned in June. I really am very excited about it. This time, we are going to a Broadway show, so that is something different. Of course, I am already emailing luggage strategy with my grandmother- lots of shopping to be done :)

- Still addicted to Army Wives. Currently on Season 4. Thank goodness only one more and then I will be ready for Season 6 that comes on in March.

- Wondering what I am going to watch after I am done?! ;)

- I am doing a Bible Study right now by Jen Hatmaker called Road Trip. It is so good. I had slacked off these last couple of weeks, but got back in the saddle this week. It could not have come at a more precious time. Last night she took me through the Bible in learning who we are in God- how He views us. Powerful for someone who fights with her identity almost daily.

- I have been late to work for 4.5 years now. I am not proud and it has become a terrible habit. Today was the morning my boss decided to fuss at me. Nice! Happy Friday to Me!

- I finished my January books! I kind of had a hard time with choosing February, but I think I have found what I want.



GREAT BOOK! I don't know if my love for this book is feeding off of my love for Army Wives or what, but I am so into political/army/special op stuff right now! I think it is fascinating. There is about 9 books in this whole series, so I should be good for the rest of this year!





I have never read Karen Kingsbury, but am really excited about this book. I love how Kindle will let you try a sample of books. I was really into this one when it cut me off yesterday and wanted me to purchase. Deep thinker that I am decided to check the library, because I did get a membership this past summer to avoid having to buy so many books. They had it! I picked it up today and hope to get into it good this weekend.


- I loved this post by Beth Moore yesterday.


I guess that is enough for today. TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment