Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back From Hiatus

I don't really know that you would call this last month a hiatus in real life, but most definitely a hiatus from blogging! It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about, just very little time to get it all down. This is my fresh attempt at blogging . . again ;)

What's new?


I finally graduated from my counseling classes. It has been a fulfilling 2 years to say the least. Though my riding partner and I got really burned out this last semester, and came up against so much spiritual warfare, we successfully completed the course. This was not through any effort of myself, I should add. I was so ready to throw in the towel more than once. As the fire got hotter, the more all I wanted to do was retreat to my safe haven. But, God showed me really quickly that I wasn't even safe there. It was a hard season, but a growing one and He never left my side. I am so thankful. So anyway, we are finished!! Yay! The next step is to go through the year long certification process which includes answering and submitting questions as well as actual counseling time. My goal is to complete this within the next year. I have not started to amount to much, but I am hoping that very soon, I will be off to a solid start. My mom has some great pictures from the Sunday we graduated which I will post as soon as I retrieve them from her camera.


My Aunt and I threw a shower for my soon to be sis-in-law at the end of June. We had a great time. I have a few pics, but Mom has more. I plan on doing a separate post on that as well, including photos!

We went to the beach at the end of July with our whole family! We had an amazing time, and just enjoyed each others company, the sand, the waves and the sunshine (when it decided to come out)! We had a few rainy days, but I still got my tan on. Here is what Gracie and I did one rainy morning -



Would you believe I didn't get any beach photos?! I am telling you, I know to be a successful blogger, you must have supporting photos with every post . . I must do better!


This is my first week back at work and it has been super busy. Again, we are thankful being that the real estate market has not been the most lucrative or kind market the past 2 years. My first day back at work was met with this pretty little something special -



I don't know whether to say ouch or gross first! Lesson learned. . after more than a week in flops, ease back into the work heels!


I guess that's about it for this first post back from blog vacation. We have a lot going on that I can't wait to post on!


Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment