Monday, June 20, 2011

A Father's Day Funny

We had a great Father's Day weekend! Of course, I took no pictures (except for 1).

Friday night we had dinner with Jason's parents', brother and his girlfriend at Outback. It was yummy! Normally, we do Father's Day with my family on Sunday, but this year we had to improvise and gather at a different time due to South Carolina's first game of the College World Series scheduled for Sunday at 7. Yes, we are those people. Well, let me take that back. My dad is "those people". He is not missing the Gamecocks play in the CWS- no matter what the time ends up being. I am so glad Daniel and Clary didn't plan their wedding anywhere near this season. Otherwise, we would have been short a best man :) So, no big deal we got together on Saturday night and ate at mom's and dad's. We decided to just pick up from a local restaurant here and relax and fellowship. None of us really wanted to get dressed and go all out. So, we spent a great night in!

Funny story. I have been seeing for weeks the Dairy Queen commercial on TV advertising the Father's Day ice cream cakes. I decided on Friday that we had to have one. My dad is a golfer, so I thought the golf decorated one was perfect for him. I call the order in and they tell me to pick it up Saturday afternoon. Cutting it alittle close, but ok, what choice do I have after all?!

This is our yummy cake




Now, it was great. The only problem is that my daddy's nickname is "Cap", not "Cat". I am sure people get weird messages written on cakes all the time, but I did tell the employee "CAP, as in baseball CAP" repeatedly.


Oh well, we all at least had a good laugh!


Hope your Father's Day was special!





No comments:

Post a Comment