Friday, July 23, 2010

One haircut down . .



2 more to go!!

My sweet little girl, who wasn't so sweet yesterday. She hates to get her haircut. If I make a move to get her kennel in the morning on a weekday, she knows it's either for one of two things- vet or haircut. From the minute I got the kennel in the back of the car yesterday morning, she wanted to run and try to avoid me. Needless to say we were late and I was not happy with her or she with me. The picture is one I took at lunch when I thought she would be in a better mood b/c she was back home- you can tell she is still obviously aggravated with me. A few treats later and she was over it!

So looking forward to tomorrow when we pack the last bags in the car and pull out of our driveway headed towards the coast! Here is my calender for next week:




NOTHING!!! No meetings, no must do's or have to's, no agenda . . . nothing!!

I am so looking forward to all the quiet time I will have with my Lord. My favorite time! Uninterrupted. Not constrained by all the activities that fill a day. Just He and I for as long as it needs to be. I have already been praying about what time of day that will be- it varies at home. I love to have the house all to myself - that's ideal and doesn't always happen. But when you are totally alone- no movement other than your eyes moving across Scripture and your pen moving across paper to capture the message- you are in a different place. (I am, at least!) I anticipate that time greatly, because I know God has something to say to me. I hope to share some on here!

I pray your weekend is filled with blessing upon blessing.

The LORD has appeared of old to me saying:"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3


1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Wishing you a wonderful vacation and time where God's whispers penetrate your heart and soul to their very depths and where His Word becomes so alive that it is as if God is sitting next to you, holding your hand, gazing in your eyes and telling you how much He loves you.

    Enjoy every minute of your vacation and can't wait to hear the details.

    Much love in Christ,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete