Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Faithful

So far this week has consisted of little more than relaxing in a low chair at the waters edge-waves gently crashing at my feet, great food, even better company and some serious matches of corn hole, spoons and Rummikub.

My feet are so funny tonight, though. Yes, you read that right-my feet! I have always found it funny to see sun burned feet. I always thought to myself, how does that happen? Well, I found out today, first hand, how that happens! Half of your foot sun exposed while the other half digs deep into the sand- just not deep enough to cover the whole foot. I realize how ridiculous that sounds, trust me. But right now, both of my feet look pretty ridiculous! Can you believe this has never happened to me??!! Ha!

I told you that I couldn't wait to spend as much time as I could with my Lord- time that He has chosen to reveal so much. I don't even know how or where to begin, and so I'm not until I can organize those things which I have written down over these last few days to make sense. Hopefully to encourage you, or lift you up. Most of all though, I pray it challenges you, like He has me; opening our eyes and our hearts to what our purpose is in this life. The Lord has shown me that I have had it all wrong. I think most of us have it all wrong. But by His grace, He is beginning to peel back layers for me so that I can see with new eyes. Praise You Father! I can't wait to share with you!

I have had sisters in Christ heavy on my heart this week also. Many of them in the midst of serious illnesses, some in personal struggles, warfare and confusion and others that seem to be searching, never finding. In whatever you may be battling this day, this hour- this very minute; I pray the Lord's peace and comfort over you. I pray that you know that there is a God in Heaven who loves you more than you can even imagine- who desires for you to know Him, to spend time with Him and to love Him. Know that He is faithful, even when we are not.

I love the story of Noah. His is one of my favorites. What I love the most is how God displayed a rainbow as representation of His covenant between Himself and flesh of the earth that He would never again send a flood to destroy the earth. It is a constant reminder. When I see a rainbow, that's what I see.


Today some rain fell from the sky and this is what remained . .




" For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations."
Psalm 100:5

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    It sounds like you are having a wonderful, refreshing time at the beach...the greatest place on earth! Oh, how it declares God's majesty. I can't wait to hear how God is speaking to your heart. He is so faithful to give us just what we need, and more.

    Sorry your feet hurt. Ouch! We've had that happen to the kids before as they built sandcastles and we forgot to lather up their feet.

    Love the rainbow. What a constant reminder of God's faithfulness to us all and again His power.

    Much love in Christ,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete