Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hello Again!

So apparently blogging is alot harder to commit to than I had originally anticipated. I promise I have great intentions .. but then again you know what they say about good intentions!

We are getting ready for a much needed, much desired vacation with our family next week. We leave Saturday for a whole week at the beach and we can hardly wait. What makes our annual beach trip so special is that we go as a family. Honestly, we wouldn't have it any other way! Jason and I, my Mom and Dad, my Brother and his girlfriend Clary, my Grandmother, my Uncle and Aunt and their 2 boys can't wait to head to Myrtle Beach for a week of fun, family and relaxation. We have all been counting down the days. Of course, this week has been busier than most- just trying to get stuff together, wrap up loose ends at work (who am I kidding!), get haircuts (me, Jason and Gracie- we all go to 3 different people! Yes, this is a task!), washing clothes (lots of clothes), getting the car ready (thank you Mama!!)- all the typical pre-vacation preparations. I am just looking forward to having that shoreline before me!

This summer seems to have hurried right past me. It wasn't that we had major plans and lots going on, but more little day to day details that I think pushed this season right on through. I have been on break from my Biblical Counseling class since May, and am looking forward to getting back in September. I have a few books I still need to read and some work I need to get started on, but just looking forward to digging deep in God's word. Isn't that where we find Him, after all- His commands, His warnings, His directions for us, His provision, His gift, our source of strength and hope, our peace, our assurance. Our God is everything! I love the words to the song "To Ever Live Without Me" by Jody Mcbrayer-

It was all about a man

It was all about a cross

It was all about the blood that was shed so I would not be lost

It was all about the love

That was bigger than a life

It was all about a freedom that was given through your sacrifice . . .

I pray that we serve Him better-that we can be used as vessels of honor-that we seek to please Him in all that we think, in all that we say and in all that we do-that we fall before His majesty in humility because of who He is-that we die to self daily-that He would reveal where He may be at work around me and you so that we may join Him- that we would have patience to wait on His instruction-that we would be obedient. That we love Him. That we trust Him. That we follow Him. That we catch a glimpse of His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment