Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday! Not a whole lot going on our way this week . . we are glad! Jason and I have become addicted to a new TV show on Wednesday nights. Besides American Idol (which is soooo much better this year than in previous years), we have started watching Storage Wars. It is so good! We have decided that if there was a market for that kind of thing here, we would be great at it. Basically, the people bid on storage units that have been abandoned (AKA not paid for/repo ed) and they can't touch anything that's in the unit- they can only look from the outside. Sometimes these people make off with a ton of profit! Anyway, it's really good, but keeps us up later than normal on Wednesday nights. Totally worth it though.

I am really excited about a new, on-line book club I have joined recently. Some of you may have already heard about it and may have participated in it, but it is new to me! Join me and a ton of other ladies over at (in)courage as we begin One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. I have just finished Chapter 1, which will be the topic of the first post this Sunday, and it is amazing. I can't wait for this book. I visit her website alot too, and she is a great communicator. I hope you will consider participating in the Bloom book club, or at least read this book! I already feel God's hand at work in personal things going on in our lives now that He is using this book to minister to me through. Give it a try!

Finally, my February 1 memory verse I forgot to post on the 1st! Got right by me, even though I posted over at LPM :

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2


No comments:

Post a Comment