Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Recap

My weekend was . . not too eventful! And, I am thankful!

Friday afternoon I got a surprise call from my grandfather, who wanted to take Jason and I out to supper to a really great BBQ place. My plans had been for us to have an early dinner/movie night curled up on the couch at home- plans that quickly changed when he surprised us with a dinner treat! I don't get to see my grandfather near as much as I would like, so I was excited to get to spend some time with him and his wife, Martha. Did I mention the food was WONDERFUL?! Bridges BBQ never disappoints! Great food and great company- a really good end to a somewhat stressful, getting back in the swing of things week.

Saturday I did nothing. When I say I did nothing, literally, I mean nothing. If taking a shower and changing from pj's to more pj's constitutes as something- then that is the only thing I accomplished. I had so much that I could have gotten done- I won't even begin to list because that will raise my guilt/shame even higher- BUT we all need a day, don't we? I tell ya, I always get so afraid that on one of those "days" I will have unexpected company. It would serve me right! My wonderful husband brought supper in for us on his way home from work- so I didn't even have to think about supper!! Bless him. I am so lucky.

Sunday we had an incredible worship service. I immediately felt the power and the presence of the Holy Spirit as we worshipped through song and as our Pastor spoke on Revelation-in particular the Tribulation period. For many people, I am sure that was scary. I prayed that people would not be frightened, but that they would understand the message- that God's intent was not that they fear. Our Pastor spoke about our burden for the lost- how what is to come in those terrible times should impact our witness now. What will happen in those times are things to be afraid of, without exception. But, our feelings now should not be that of fear, but of urgency. Our world is lost- and dying daily. Think about those you know are lost- those you suspect may be lost. We have work to do. We must share Jesus. My spirit sang.

So now it's Monday- and I am back at work! I pray you all have a wonderful start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment