Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Tuesday! Today is Tuesday, right? . . Long day!

It's official- this morning I deactivated my facebook account. Never thought I would see this day. You have to understand, I check my facebook (and Jason's) numerous times a day. I sign on with good intentions- check updates, check mine/his page for messages and then sign off. Less than 5 minutes, right? All of us who are facebook junkies know how that goes. Who do we try to kid?! I look up and 5 minutes has turned into 30 . . . has turned into . . well, you get the point. Where did the time go?!

Anyway, what brought all of this on? Well, last night I was deep in Experiencing God-fighting satan, who was so desperately wanting to draw my attention to other distractions (including precious little white furry ones, like my sweet girl). Oh boy was he all over me. Had been all day. When I woke up yesterday morning, I knew warfare was on its way. I did all I knew to do at that moment, which was immediately to begin praying that spiritual armor! I tried to be on alert all day, but at some point he got me distracted. I let my armor be at ease and he got that foothold in the door. So . . . warfare continues into my devotion time. I knew there had to be a reason. I was fighting hard, because I knew God had something very important He was about to reveal to me. Bare with me y'all. As I am typing this, I realize that this may not be such a big deal to you. But when you have an experience with the Almighty- it is so worthy of sharing.

At last- through prayers, scriptures, books, yesterday's devotionals that I prayed/read/meditated over as I sat right there in that chair and as I moved into my bed, He told me. He told me the reason why my relationship with Him wasn't all that it could be.

"And He is BEFORE ALL THINGS,"- Col. 1:17

Oh what power. Conviction washed over me. I knew. He knew I knew. He was proud that I got it. That I allowed the spirit in me to work! I love break throughs. Especially after walking in a fog of confusion and weariness all day. My spirit raced as I began to pray about that. And, I knew one of the culprits pretty quickly. You guessed it- facebook. I committed to the Lord that first thing in the morning after I sent messages to a few people letting them know I was deactivating I would do it. And this morning He told me that wasn't good enough. He reminded me about a time someone wanted to follow Him but first had to . . . (Luke 9:61-62)

No looking back. If we do, we are not fit for His Kingdom.

God Bless,

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I so love how God speaks to our hearts as He knows us from the inside out. Thank you for sharing not only what he spoke to you, but your act of obedience. It is one thing to hear Him, another thing to walk in obedience at the sound of His voice. May He pour out His blessing upon you as you walk. And may satan be slain and cast out as you stand strong in the Lord wearing His mighty armor.

    Thanks so much for sharing your God experience!

    Much love in Christ,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete