Tuesday, July 24, 2012

NYC-Leaving and Arriving


Last month my mom, me, grandma, aunt, SIL and great aunt embarked on a trip to NYC. We had the most amazing time! We have all been to the city before, at different times, but this was the first time we all went together and for the sheer purpose of shopping and doing anything touristy.

 I HATE to fly. It involves so much of things that I fear (claustrophobia, heights, potential for lots of motion, no control) that I try to avoid it at all costs. We started talking about this trip over a year ago when I agreed to go - honestly never thinking it would come together and realizing that if it did I would have a whole year to get mentally prepared to fly. Well, the mentally prepared part never happened, but it wasn't that bad. I will tell you one thing . . an hour and a half trip beats the heck out of a 12 hour trip any day of the week. I am already looking forward to going back. 

Here are a few pictures of day one traveling  . . .





This picture cracks me up every time I see it. My grandma takes homemade fudge EVERYWHERE. Literally in her pocket book at all times to give away to whoever she comes across that she feels needs it. This was a guy who worked in our hotel who loved to hear us talk and our southern hospitality thanks to Mama Gayle! I used to get embarrassed, but now it is just funny to me! 




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like you had the ultimate girls week!
    I can't wait to go back and visit again too, although I just like to watch the Yanks now that I've seen all the sites of the city. :)

    ReplyDelete