Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Weekend

Happy Monday Morning!

We had a great weekend.

Our festivities began on Saturday morning. Each year, my Junior Women’s Club hosts a Breakfast with Santa for children in our town. It is always so much fun- even though it is a lot of work! The children are so sweet coming in and as soon as they see Santa- it is honestly like they have seen Jesus in the flesh. They can hardly contain themselves through breakfast so that they can hurry and jump in line to sit on his lap when they finish. So many laughs! We also have other stations set up. We help them write letters to Santa, make reindeer food and some cute ornaments. I did get a few pictures of decorations before the madness began!








This is the set up where we had Santa for pictures.

Saturday afternoon, I had to head to my mamas to get started wrapping our Sunday school children’s Christmas presents. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! By Saturday night, I was worn out! We had a nice time at home, cleaning, reading (more on what I am reading tomorrow) and watching TV.







(Gracie's hair is so long right now. I should have gotten her groomed before Christmas, but I have slam ran out of time. We had to improvise alittle on Saturday before her bath to keep the hair out of her eyes. She hates these clips. I think they are hilarious. )

Sunday morning we got to church early to be able to get out gifts to the kids. After church, we headed to Lyman to have Christmas with my grandfather and his brothers. This is a tradition we have done since I can remember. It is always fun eating the best food and sitting around after listening and laughing to old stories. We leave with our belly’s and hearts full!

I am looking forward to some time off this week!

PS- Here are those food picks from Friday- They were DEVINE! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment