Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Submissive Wife

"Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Ephesians 5:24 (NIV)

I am learning to be a submissive wife. My Lord knows my efforts!

Jason occasionally asks me to ride 9 holes of golf with him. Not very often, though, because he knows that I will more than likely be a bigger distraction than just an enjoyable ride along. Maybe that's why he never asks me to ride 18. Anyway, I really wanted to go with him this past Tuesday .. the weather was way to beautiful and I wanted to spend some quality time with my husband watching him play the game he loves most (behind baseball of course).

You know, golf is such a quiet sport. As a talker, its so hard for me to just observe! Jason would tell you I didn't do a good job! But, I did the best I could. Here are a few shots, as I was "observing" (as quietly as possible)- haha





This tree was really beautiful . . .


I would have cheered, but, respectfully remained silent . .


....Great end to a great evening!



Maybe I will learn to play?! ...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know he played golf! Chad loves to play too! I know what you mean about trying to be quiet! I want to cheer sometimes or talk, but on nice days outside - it is nice to ride around and enjoy the weather. Maybe we can get them together to play sometime! :) (and you and I can chat~ ha!)

    ReplyDelete